Friday, December 11, 2009

Coincidence?

Did a lot of driving around today, to as far as Boon Lay.

As I was driving along PIE back to the office, a thought surfaced in my head:

Drive carefully. Danger ahead.

I'm not too sure if it was a self-reminder to be mindful of the traffic, as I have not been sleeping enough, or it was really a divine reminder.

True enough, on the lane I was on (lane 1), I saw the car in front of me suddenly break. I had a good safety distance from him, so I braked with relative ease. In front of him a few cars were involved in a chain collision.

Never did I guess that there was another incident a few kilometres down! This time, a lorry burst a tyre, and he was trying to filter left. I was a lot nearer to the vehicle in front, and I had to apply the brakes harder.

On both occasions, I was lucky that the vehicles behind me maintained their safety distance.

After witnessing the 2nd incident, a new thought entered my head: no more up ahead. You can relax now. Which I did.

Coincidence?



Post Date: 17 Dec 09

No comments: