Friday, October 12, 2007

Canon 400D

I have finally succumbed to temptation and am now a proud owner of the 400D.

I've pondered for almost a year on whether to get a DSLR, and if yes, which model to get. The Sony Alpha came really close, but the 400D won the day.

What tipped the scale was a well-placed advice, reminding me that I only live once, and since I like to capture memories, why not?

Being the newbie that I am, I have to put everything together, little by little. To start off, I have been loaned an entry level kit lens to use "until you feel like returning me". Another kind soul offered me his 2nd hand bag. Dry box will be phase II. Extra battery, card and tripod only when going for holiday.

The only thing missing now is the out-of-stock lens book, which will take me from lesson 1.

As my boss said aptly, "It's time to reward yourself".



Image from http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon400D/images/Canon400D_main.jpg

Post Date: 12 Oct 2007

No comments: