Tuesday, December 13, 2005

不见棺材不流泪

Ever since the Perth trip, I've been in debt. Imagine - had to borrow money to go holiday! Thank goodness for Wifey, who lent me shopping money for the trip. She has since lent me money to pay for my credit card bills and insurance also. She even passed me some pocket money last week! (That small amount has since been returned when I got my pay). Those were painful times, with no money in the bank and the burden of an unpaid loan.

How bad was it? I had to use my ezLink card to pay for my meal at Mc's. Why Mc's and not food court? I was out of cash and Mc's is the only place that takes ezLink payment!!

This whole episode has forced me to wake up and sit up. No more messing around with my finances. No more mindless purchases. No more losing track of cashflow. And more savings please!! Heck, just the other day I even resisted the temptation of buying a $2 cup of buttered corn! But I was damn hungry ...

I've gone on a severe belt-tightening regime, scrutinising every single intention and purchase. Must not allow this to lapse into a knee-jerk reaction; it must be a way of life!! This shall be included as Item #462 on my New Year resolution ...

This month will be siong, as I still have to clear last month's bills, but next month should be a breeze.

Financial freedom, wait for me!!

No comments: