Friday, December 30, 2005

Inspiring Advert

Was surfing and suddenly this song just jammed itself into my head. Been such a long time since! Apparently, this late '80s Coca Cola song/ad was shot at St. George's Hall in Liverpool, England. They gathered together young adults from all over the world. The commercial was shot in nineteen different languages. Led by a blonde girl, the young people in the advertisement sang:

I am the future of the world
I am the hope of my nation
I am tomorrow's people
I am the new inspiration

And we've got a song to sing to you
We've got a message to bring to you

Listen to me for you and for me for tomorrow
If we all can agree there'll be sweet harmony tomorrow tomorrow
And we all will be there
(Coca-cola/With our music) to share
Feelings so real and so true
Won't you come with us tomorrow
And we'll build a better world for you.

Seems like many people aren't really sure of the words "Listen to me". The different versions include: "Please let there be", "We hold the key" and "Sweet melody".

A nice song, nonetheless.

No comments: