Friday, June 02, 2006

Much Has Happened ...

I'm back. Looking at my own blog, my last entry was 20 Feb. That was over 3 months ago. Many things have happened.

Feb 28: my last day at the god-forsaken place

Mar 1 - 31: a well-deserved but financially irrational break

Apr 3: the start of a new life

As for now:

Health

  • knee still hurts, although not as much
  • temporarily dumped Commonwealth for Jurong
  • stomach still flatulent, although not as much

Baby

  • still no sign of the little fella

Work

  • much smaller company
  • next to no politics
  • but basic salary cannot sustain me
  • wondering when the sales and corresponding commission will come
  • but overall still happier

Finances

  • extremely bad shape
  • bank account was already so minute
  • now every month still must top up because of deficit

Mood

  • while glad that I'm out of the hell hole, but still moody, or maybe even worse
  • seems like the last episode(s) have caused such a major dent in my life/progress/confidence/self-worth
  • stakes are so high that I'm so afraid to fail again
  • so afraid that if I fail again, I will never have the mental strength to get up
  • have become resentful, but keep reminding myself not to be
  • very touched that I have friends around me who take a serious interest in my well-being
  • besides Wifey, Elliot is the other one who has witnessed my deep-thinking/sorrow/my feeble perk-me-ups

Lessons

  • financial awareness - now I can account right down to the last cent
  • politics is a way of life
  • learning to forgive is a near-impossibility
  • there are friends that care
  • then there are friends that you think are close, yet you hesitate in telling them your financial difficulties
  • mental strength is like latent heat - you can't see it, but it's what makes the difference

I WILL SURVIVE, AND WILL LIVE TO TELL!

No comments: