Monday, May 26, 2008

Baby fund

The arrangement with Wifey from last time was once we have a child, she'll take care of the child's health/insurance while I'll raise the money for education.

The money I set aside from last year were for:
- miscellaneous stuff like delivery package, checkups, etc
- seed money for education fund

Part of the money has finally been invested, after one year of procrastination and too much research.

Miscellaneous fund
- invested on 22.05.08
- topped up $1000
- invested in FCFD with DBS
- A$1 = S$1.3187
- instruction to roll principal and interest
- interest rate at 6.695%p.a.
- maturity in 2 mths

Education fund
- part of money invested on 26.05.08
- bought Schroder BRIC fund with Citibank
- RSP of $300
- sales charge of 2%
- fund price and number of units to be confirmed
- remaining money meant to be invested in commodity fund, but may have missed the boat. Need to re-evaluate.

I hope I've placed my bets on the right things, and that the money will be enough...



Photo credit here.
Disclaimer: my baby can't be blonde, and no way am I investing in US$!

Post Date: 27 May 08

No comments: