Sunday, May 25, 2008

Is the ice considered broken?

It's been 10 months since I announced to you that I wanted to take a back seat. You gracefully agreed that I can be your third line of defence. Before that, you had just started to help me and Wifey with our baby thingy.

We didn't want to appear desperate and didn't want to put you in a spot. That's why for the past 10 months, not once did we breathe anything about the baby thingy.

We were pleasantly surprised when you brought up the issue 2 weeks ago when we went to visit you. "The time is right", you mentioned encouragingly. I'm sure the incident 10 months ago caused much unhappiness. But when you voluntarily said that it was time, I was quietly glad, maybe all that unhappiness is already behind you.

But I must commend you on the timing. This is not the first time already, that you have impeccable timing. For this case, coincidentally, we also seeked our own help a few days ago. Maybe Buddha knows that I'm kiasu, so He double-confirms?

So last night we went to fetch you. The conversation topics may still be the same, but the ease seems to be lacking. Time will improve on that, for sure.

For all the time you were in the house, you didn't leave the seat. There was no opportunity for me to explain why there is a talisman stuck on my bedroom door. But I'm sure you already know. I'm prepared to explain, once the opportunity arises.



Post Date: 27 May 08

No comments: