Monday, November 23, 2009

Tough

Yesterday was the first time we brought a friend along for our weekly prayer sessions.

In my simplistic mind, this good friend deserves to be on the "same plane" as us if we are going "somewhere better". I believed that by joining us, he is well on his way to earning his "plane ticket".

However I was a bit disappointed when, at the end of the session, he said he had to ascertain "if this was what I wanted". I mean, how wrong can one be if he has already taken the (hardest) step towards jumping out of 六道轮回?

Wifey said he was referring to the commitment of going every week, and to give him some time.

I can now understand how difficult it can be to convince people onto the correct path. Of course in shows, the bodhisattvas had it tougher cos they had to convert the evil ones.



Post Date: 23 Nov 09

No comments: