Friday, November 17, 2006

Mystery of the missing catalogues

When we went over to Mum's 2 nights ago, and saw the very inviting red-coloured, Christmas-themed Ikea catalogue, that was it.

"I'm going to call Ikea and Sony tomorrow to complain", I told Wifey.

Where is my bloody Sony catalogue? I can't even remember the last time I got one, but I keep seeing them pop up at Mum's. And where is my Ikea Christmas catalogue? I mean, I've been holding my breath, waiting for the Tampines store to open - how can they do this to me??

The call to Sony yielded some answers - the catalogue is not distributed island-wide. While the girl told me it's the management's decision where to send them to, methinks it's based on some profiling, and my area falls out of the crack. She was nice enough to offer to send me a copy, but I would still have to call her to demand a copy everytime I don't get it. TMD.

The call to Ikea was an angrier one. Although I remembered later that I have been receiving their catalogues (just later than Mum), the total inability of the customer service person to give me a straight answer put me very off. After saying she'll check with Singpost, I asked her why she never asked for my name and number. She grudgingly did. The case was subsequently resolved amicably after a Marcom lady Cassandra called to say she has checked with Singpost, and all delivery will be done by 22 Nov. Told her she has better customer service skill than her customer service team.

I definitely jumped the gun. Last night, in the mailbox, was the very inviting red-coloured, Christmas-themed Ikea catalogue.





Post Date: 17 Nov 2006

No comments: