Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Not very happy

An ex-boss together with an ex-colleague coincidentally brought their customers to our place just now. After the customers left, we had coffee together.

The first comment thrown my way when we were just about to sit down was: "Wah, ler see bare pui leh! So much fatter compared to last time!"

Basket. Yes, I know I've not as skinny as before, yes, I know both of you are vain gym fanatics. Not that I'm angry with them, cos that's the frankness of our conversations over the years. It's just that ... the truth hurts. I'm also angry with myself for being such a King of Procrastination. It's my own body, for crying out loud!! Next 2 months' RT should correct all this.

Our friend was driving the Lexus RX300, albeit the older model. This reminded me all over again how different I was from them (and some others back from where we came from). Definitely flashy, they lust after the good life, believe in club memberships, chase branded goods and are regulars at night spots. Not that they can't - they can well afford all these.

By comparison, the regular Joe on this side of the fence hadn't had life that well, regretfully. While considerably more subdued than them, let's face it - I also cannot afford their lifestyle lah.

But herein lies the crux: I want to have the choice NOT to lead their lifestyle even though I can, and not that I cannot afford to lead their lifestyle!

Sigh. Maybe I should stop feeling sorry for myself.



Post date: 15 Nov 2006

No comments: