Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's been almost 2 months

Hi Dad,

We've just completed the 49-day rituals this Monday.

It's been almost 2 months since you went on your new journey. How are things at your end? Over here, we're all trying to lead a new life, as was mentioned previously. We now have somewhat new (but quite petty) challenges. We have yet to decide if Mum should continue to stay with us, or for us to move in with her. There are arguments for both sides, so there's hardly a clearly overwhelming choice. I trust that whichever decision we make, you will support us, yes?

The sai gong came over on Friday, to talk about enshrining you together with the ancestors in the tablet. Not exceedingly difficult to carry out, but well worth every effort, I believe.

And Dad, there is something else I want to report. Wifey was on the line with Brother yesterday, to talk about transferring his share of your CPF to Mum. I was shocked for 2 micro seconds before it hit me: this is a breakthrough. They are afterall siblings, and I'm so glad they are on talking terms now : )



Post Date: 23 July 2007

No comments: