Monday, April 07, 2008

Nokia N82

So the story goes that I had wanted so badly to get the Nokia N95, the phone of my dreams. While the price was still high by my standards, I was willing to wait out, what with my contract still not due. Moreover, the existing N73 was worth $200 if traded in.

But things were not meant to be. 2 weeks before the contract was up, the N73 got wind of its imminent demise. While I was multi-tasking having lunch and SMS-ing, it slipped from my fingers and merrily frolicked in the bowl of fishball noodle soup. Even when I angrily plucked it out of hot soup (literally), it threw tantrums by clutching along some mincemeat and what nots.

The gall of that ingrate! Although pretending that it was none the worse for wear, it eventually succumbed to its own foolishness and the lights died out soon after.

So poor old me, who was supposed to get $200 off the price of the N95 from the trade-in, is now left with nothing. $700 is too much for a phone; $500 has always been the comfort zone. But now am too tulan to fork out $500. As such, the new budget is now $300 (as in $500 - ingrate).

So last night, budget-challenged me forked out $318 to buy the N82, and to re-contract the service. Apart from the miniscule buttons, everything else seems to be ok. And let's hope the PC Suite (unlike the previous version) actually works ...



Photo credit here.

Post Date: 7 Apr 08

No comments: