Monday, April 28, 2008

Visions @ 0700 (28.04.08)

I may have been thinking too much of China ... or Titanic ... or Lust, Caution ...

The scene started with me walking to an atrium bookshop and looking at the books. Can't remember if I was chit-chatting with anyone. Later, I turned 90 degrees to head towards the theatre, or at least that's what I think it is.



As I was nearing, the doors swung open and people were streaming out, as if a performance just finished. When I saw this departing crowd, somehow or rather, I instinctively framed the time period and even the location - "Shanghai, in the 30s or 40s". The faces were definitely Asian. It might have been their turnout - longcoats, slicked-back hair, hats.

This image wouldn't be too far from what I saw:



As I walked past the door, the grand staircase came into view.



The second floor was surprising as the first floor was grand. There was another entrance on the second floor from the outside, and people were streaming in. The strangest thing of the whole dream was a ladder behind a wall. It was narrow, and seemed to be the only way to either go up to the next floor or to enter the theatre proper.



Here is a terrible sketch:



I did climb up a few rungs of this ladder. Shortly after, I woke up.



Photo credits here and here.

Post Date: 12 May 08

No comments: