Thursday, July 21, 2005

How to Screw Your Staff Part II

It is 2am. I am still up while my colleagues are already asleep. Except for those cheongsters, of course.

There is a tender closing in 14 hours' time. And I'm the only sucker doing it. Now. At 2am.

At my previous place, I worked like shit. At the current place but previous portfolio, I worked like shit. Now, new portfolio, I still work like shit.

MAYBE I AM SHIT!

"You don't know how to delegate", you griped.
"Learn to plan", you reminded.
"Ever tried 3 hours of sleep, everyday, for 1 year", you shared.

The best has yet to come.

"You lack that killer instinct", you said, disapprovingly.

But wasn't it my mild-manneredness and ability to click with people that landed me this job? And now I have to re-condition myself to be a killer?

It's not so much of how, but why?? Why the double standards?

Wifey just commented that of all my years of working, she has never seen me so depressed, agitated and frustrated. She also said "I'm surprised you still can carry on".

Someone, anyone, please help ...

No comments: