Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Waltzing Mathilda

Sent Wifey to the gynae for a jab this morning. Was still upset from what happened yesterday. Wifey said she'll support me, whatever my actions. THANK YOU, MY PRINCESS!

Anyway, was with some colleagues when I heard this remark "Oh, I prefer Sydney. Not like Perth, a dead town." Having heard it for the 1,215,865th time, my temperature was rising, and I asked "Have you been to Perth before?"

"No" was the response.

The strange thing about these people that claim Perth to be a dead town are also people who have never been there! So how can one claim a place is good or bad, alive or dead without having been there physically?

I happen to like Sydney too, but I also find Perth a great city to be in. It is up to the individual to decide if he wants to participate in urban activities or indulge in laid back relaxation.

The next time I hear the same remark again, I will make them sing Waltzing Mathilda 10 times while doing a handstand.

No comments: