Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Fighting For Your Own Right

Sometime back XX wrote a post about her fighting for her rights. And I totally agree with her. No reason why we should be bullied for no reason. Fighting back need not be rude, but firm and assertive.

In each of our minds, we have a baseline of what is right, what is wrong, what can be accepted and what can't. Once that line is breached, the protect-myself mode kicks in. Over the years, credit card companies, restaurants, departmental stores have incurred my wrath. Hell, once I even complained about a Traffic Police customer service officer! Don't think I 小市民 can bully!

Maybe it's the smaller-sized people that are more feisty. While we can't be seen, we want to be "heard", for fear of being mistaken as wimps. Many-a-time I get asked "Why are you walking so fast?"

The reply "Bigger strides can catch up with taller people".

No comments: