Monday, January 02, 2006

Sick Chicken on New Year's Eve

While people all over the world were busy boogying, poisoning their kidneys and enjoying the fireworks, me was sick.

The tummy had been giving slight problems over the past few days, but it finally decided not to be subtle. System like kena jam, like got a lot of things inside yet can't purge enough of it. It escalated into fever.

The GP said it was gastric flu, and should recover within the next 2 days. While the toilet runs were bearable (thank you very much, Johnsons Baby Lotion!), the fever really got to me. Was writhing about on the sofa. Thankfully, I slept with the thick clothings on, and the resultant perspiration got rid of the fever.

While I actually felt a lot better around 11.40pm (technically, still the old year), I decided against the pre-arranged countdown at a friend's place.

What a way to usher in the New Year. Seems like a pre-cursor to the next 365 days ...

No comments: