Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Gods Have Spoken

Had been wanting to seek guidance from divination lots (求签) for a while now. The work has been so unbearable, but I am under instructions of "This is the job, so stick around."

Had a very strong urge to visit the temple today, so I went down for prayers and also for a second opinion from the lots. It was crowded, and it took me only a while to realise that it was the 15th of the lunar month - a holy day.

One cannot ignore the presence of Divine Presence. I could have felt the urge on any other day, but no, it has to be the 15th. Moreover, it was a Friday. Hmm ...

The first lot was to ask if I should stay, and if this was THE job. The answer was yes, this was the job and that sunlight will soon follow once this rain is over. It didn't help my mood.

The second lot was if I should leave. Surprisingly, the lot answered in the positive - Yes, I can leave! Provided I seek advice from "the man that lives by the mountains".

Yippee!! I felt so much better after this. I even went to buy a Lot Interpretation Book (解签书). Dad was right - it is a load off my mind.

Looking around, I'm so lucky to be surrounded by people who care for me, feel for me and who genuinely want to help, immortals and mortals alike.

No comments: