Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Nary A Complaint

Decided to have dinner with the guys. Called Wifey to tell her she'll have to settle her own dinner. There was no hint of anger or disappointment in her tone, and it made me a little guilty.

Ever since starting this job 9 months ago, I have been extremely unhappy, busy, depressed and whatever negative verbs you can think of. My one pillar of strength has been my dear Wifey. In her own quiet way, she has swallowed her disappointments, lent a listening ear, supported me, been my voice of reason, and much much more. Once in a while, she lets go a mild remark of "We haven't been to the movies for a while already leh", but it was never meant to pressure.

I have been depriving her of the daily dosage of love and company she deserves. I badly want to make it up to her, but don't know what can be done in the near future, with this job. Even now I'm stealing time from my brought-home office work to blog. Was work ever meant to be LIKE THIS??

Which also got me thinking that maybe I'm not suited for the business world after all. I've always believed that to be successful in business, you need to have flair, interest, luck and killer instincts. Guess how many I have?

Recent news reports that Lance Armstrong has won his unprecedented 7th consecutive Tour de France race really inspired me. It proves:
  • even cancer can be overcome
  • the strength of the human will (something that I need serious help with)
  • there is money to be made in more ways than one

Maybe it's time to look at making money from non-traditional means. A full-time stay-home stock market investor? A lounge singer? Start my tap dance lesson and make some money from there? Or maybe it's time to receive formal training for my bowling?

No comments: